Saturday, December 13, 2014

Spirit and Weenie of the Week: Ghoulfriend Edition


 Ghoulfriends at Weenie Beanie

Ghoulfriends at Initiation Brunch


Juli Scamardo
Major: Environmental Science
Year: Sophomore
Hometown: Sugar Land, TX

What does Texas Spirits mean to you?  Texas Spirits is a home. These girls are the ones who are the first to congratulate me in the good times, pick me up in the bad times, and inspire me to keep trying harder and to keep reaching towards larger goals. To me, Texas Spirits means making a difference, and whether that’s here in Austin or halfway around the world, there is no doubt in my mind the things these girls can achieve! 

What is one of your biggest accomplishments?
My week in Quebrada Grande, Costa Rica. I keep trying to narrow it down to one thing, but I learned enough Spanish to speak with my host family, conquered my fear of heights, steered a two person kayak through class IV rapids, and painted a mural in the local school. The best of all of those is probably the mural, though, because when we finished, a bunch of the kids in town came racing into the school courtyard to see it. Seeing how painting a gray wall with color could light of the faces of those kids was incredibly heartwarming.



If you could meet anyone in history, who would it be and why? Amelia Earhart. She followed her passion more ardently than I could imagine. She would not take no as an answer when it came to things that mattered, and she inspired other women to do the same.

What's your favorite memory in college? There are so many, too many! But amid all the concerts and hikes and good food, I’m going to have to be cliché and say Spring 2014 Tap In. I was excited, overwhelmed, on the verge of laughing and crying wondering what I had just got myself into. Buut I realize that without that day, college would be completely different. There would be no waking up at 4am to volunteer, no spontaneous sunrise breakfasts at Mt. Bonnell, no jumping around and singing our own remixes to songs, and nobody to dance in the stands with at football games. The amount of memories that have been made because of that day is incredible, and I wouldn’t trade these bonds for anything.



Melissa Tolle
Hometown: Round Rock
Major: Communications 
Fall '14 Weenie 

To me Texas Sprits means: Always being able to count on a group of girls to be there with me through thick and thin and to inspire me to be the best that I can be!

The number one thing on my bucket list is: to ride an elephant! 


If I was a candy I would be... an m&m because I'm tough on the outside but sweet on the inside! ;) 

Congrats you two!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment