Thursday, November 3, 2016

TOP CHEF: HOLIDAY EDITION

by Aashima Garg


Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday of the year. Why? Because my family does thanksgiving like no other. Because I am a first generation Indian American, most of my biological family resides in India. But, that’s never put a damper on our Thanksgiving celebrations. My family celebrates Thanksgiving with our fifty closest friends in Dallas.

Every year, we head over to a family friend’s house where we are welcomed by the most wonderful aroma of freshly prepared turkey, stuffing, pasta, mashed potatoes, and gravy. While my Aunt’s cooking is absolutely unparalleled and her pasta salad is incredibly hard to top, the best part of the meal, in my opinion, is the potluck dessert.
Over the course of many Thanksgiving meals, I’ve consolidated my top 10 holiday favorites.


No reviews

1 hour and 25 minutes


4 stars (279 reviews)

55 minutes


4.5 stars (181 reviews)

25 minutes


5 stars (242 reviews)

1 hour


4.7 stars (32 reviews)

27 minutes


No reviews

no est. time


3 hours


4.5 stars (445 reviews)

1 hour 10 minutes


5 stars (330 reviews)

1 hour 50 minutes

1. Pumpkin Pie (DUH!)

4.5 stars (1729 reviews) (WOW!)

1 hour 10 minutes
**DON’T forget the whipped cream

Hope you all enjoy my special treat list! If you make any of these treats (or any other cool ones you’d like us to feature in the future), tag @TexasSpirits on Instagram! Happy baking and happy holidays, homies.

XOXO,
Aashima

No comments:

Post a Comment