Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Longhorn Freshman Fifteen

Welcome Class of 2015! Don’t fret, these are the pounds (of knowledge) you want to gain as you begin your college career…

15. That Kid: Don’t Spam the Blackboard listerv
You will see what I mean soon enough. No one likes that kid.

14.  Holiday in The Sun: Gregory Pool
Wait, am I at a Five Star Resort in Jamaica? Practically.  If you’re living on campus, take advantage of your close proximity. 
13. The Devil Wears Nike Shorts: College Clothing
Call me crazy, but comfort does extend beyond athletic wear. Good news though! You’re in college now, so nobody really cares what you wear. However…
a) Do invest in a pair of cowboy boots
b) Realize that leggings are NOT pants (guilty as charged)
c) Classy NEVER goes out of style.

12. No cruce en frente del autobús: Don’t cross in front of the bus
I feel like every UT student has a scary Austin city bus story, or maybe that’s just me? If you don’t have a car, make sure to familiarize yourself with the Austin bus system, known as Capital Metro. The Trip Planner function is awesome! And you ride for free with your UT ID.

11. Social Scene: West Campus
During your first year or two or three…you may find yourself hanging out in this area on the weekends. Like in Kindergarten, it is best to travel with a buddy and/or in groups. There is also a west campus bus! (See the CapMetro link above). 

Keep checking back for the remaining tips and tricks from our special guest blogger Michelle Sereno!

1 comment:

  1. I love this list! AND I LOVE TEXAS SPIRITS!! You guys are doing and incredible job, and I wish I could go through recruitment again!! Love you all so much!!

    C-I-Wish-You the best of luck in Recruitment!!


    Anna Hyatt

    ReplyDelete