Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tap-Out Spotlight: Callie Coulter!


This week’s Tap-Out Spotlight is Callie Coulter, a Fall 2008 Weenie and 2010 Scribe Haunt. She is an Accounting major and in the Integrated 5-year Master in Professional Accounting Program in the McComb’s School of Business. She will graduate in May of 2013 with her Masters in Accounting! After graduation, Callie hopes to work for a Big 4 Accounting Firm in Houston. In fact, she will be interning in the tax department at PricewaterhouseCoopers in Houston this upcoming spring semester. She’d like you all to know that if you need someone to do your taxes in a few years, she’s your gal!
Callie’s favorite Spirits tradition is Tap-In. At Tap-In this past week, she caught herself remembering her own Tap-In three years ago. There’s an interesting fact about Callie’s Tap-In that some of you may not know. “My pledge class was the last to get our scarves at Tap-in instead of waiting until initiation. When they told us to turn around and face our JI’s, they tied our scarves around our necks. I’ll never forget getting back to my dorm that day and realizing that in my excited rush to get back and call my mom, my scarf had blown off in the wind!  I lost my beloved scarf the first day I got it, but thankfully they had an extra one for me!”

When asked what her favorite Spirits memory is, Callie had to say that becoming Scribe Haunt in 2010 was definitely one of her favorite Spirits moments. “When I was getting my new scarf at Initiation Brunch, Becky Holmes (Scribe Haunt 2009), surprised me by crowning my head with her pencil hat that she had used as part of her campaign. My entire year spent on GC was so rewarding and I became such good friends with my fellow haunts (Spring Break ’10!), but that first moment was so exciting for me.”

Callie’s advice for younger Spirits?  “Go to the Alumnae Reunion! I say this mostly because I made the mistake of not going in Fall 2008. We are an organization with so much history and tradition, and you’ll be amazed at how much you can learn from hearing our alumnae speak. The bonds of this sisterhood become apparent when you see the love from all the ladies who are reuniting.  Also, especially to the weenies, cherish the moments you have your entire weenie class together and really get to know them all because weenie sisters have a bond like no other. And most of all, enjoy these years of your life because they go by way too fast!”
We’ll miss you, Callie! Thank you for all that you have put in during your time in Texas Spirits!

No comments:

Post a Comment