Monday, September 19, 2011

Tap-Out Spotlight: Tiffany Yep


This week featured tap-out is Fall 2008 weenie, Tiffany Yep. She served as Spirit Haunt in 2010 and is majoring in Corporate Communications. Last semester Tiffany was featured while she was in Orlando, Florida for the Disney College Program. Read about some of those experiences here. Now she’s back in the Lone Star State, and we were lucky enough to get to ask her some questions about her future plans and experiences during her time at UT and in Texas Spirits. Here are some of the fun things she shared:
What are your plans after graduation? "I'm going to Disney World! Well maybe, but I'd really love to work in the field of customer service with some management and marketing aspects. Since my major (Corporate Communications) is so broad, I'm not positive on what exactly I want to do...I just want to work with people and wake up every day excited to make a difference!"

What has been your favorite Spirits tradition? "All of them! But if I have to choose a favorite tradition it would have to be the never ending bonds of sisterhood. My best friends are Spirits, and when I left for my Disney internship and came back, my friendships seemed like I never left. I had girls texting me, calling me, and facebooking me throughout my entire program asking me how I was doing. It was simple things like that that showed me how special Texas Spirits are. I know some of these girls will be in my wedding and if they're not in it, they're invited to it. As much as I love the drag paints, the flashcards, the secrecy of some of our traditions, our scarves, and our service adventures, it wouldn't be as fantastic as it is without the girls doing each and every tradition right there with you."

What is your favorite memory from your time in Texas Spirits? "My favorite memory would have to be the entire year I got the opportunity to be the Spirit Haunt. I had the chance to watch two weenie classes grow, learn, and find out things they never knew about themselves. I loved and cherished every second of it, and now I get to see those babies that I mentored to be the next leaders of the organization. Freaking amazing and it makes me so proud!"

Advice for younger generations of Spirits? "Live each day with a purpose to make the world better. If you want to do something, do it. Don't hold back. Never regret what you do because you obviously learned something from it, whether it be about yourself or about life. Laugh at yourself. Gah, I could go on forever, but really don't doubt yourself and truly take in every moment, lesson, and experience life throws at you. You are a Texas Spirit. Out of hundreds of girls, you made it. You have something special that you, and only you, can offer the world. This is huge, and so much bigger than any of us could ever imagine, so take in it, soak it up, and live it! This is your time."

No comments:

Post a Comment