Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tap Out Spotlights: Rachel Platis and Nicole Dietze



Meet one of this semester's Tap-Outs, Rachel Platis. When asked about her favorite Spirits memory she responded, “Gosh there are so many, I can't choose just one! Something hilarious and weird has pretty much happened on every single date event I've ever been to (I tend to pick winners!) I love thinking back to Weenie semester and loving on each other at Weenie Roast and Initiation. I also have really good memories of face painting before home games.”

Rachel participated in endless spirits events, but her favorite event of all was Weenie Beanie because she got to meet the youngest generations of her ghoulfamily! She says that she “feels so blessed because I have the best gfam in the world. We all have gorgeous hair and squinty eyes and I am so proud to be the matriarch of such talented and beautiful women.” It’s amazing the bond that ghoul families have. However, she did mention that she was also a huge fan of DU and boat parties! 


Rachel’s parting words of wisdom to fellow Spirits is to “Stay in Spirits through your senior year!” Why, you ask? She said, “that's when all the magic happens! (I'm not giving any secrets away, you'll just have to take my word for it.” To prospectives, she says to “Get involved at UT. There are so many wonderful and amazing organizations on this campus, and I include Spirits among those. Be sweet, be genuine and be yourself. Know that all choices lead you to experience and places for a reason, even if it's unknown at the time. Be thankful for all blessing and take advantage of all opportunities! These are things I continue to strive to do everyday.” 


Nicole Dietze is another one of our stunning Spring 2012 Tap-Outs. Nicole, a member of the Fall ’09 weenie class, is a Psychology major who plans on going to grad school for social work. This summer, she will be taking her last two classes (exciting!) and will be on a hunt for a much-earned job!

Nicole has experienced many great things through Spirits, and when I asked her what her favorite memory was, she replied, “I have had so many great memories in Spirits. Freezing to death with my weenies at initiation, being glued at the hip to Gaby DeLeon weenie semester and pulling all nighters every Thursday night before weenie meetings, being paired with my ghoulfriend , SIERRA, and being the best ghoulfriend pair of the semester, watching my ghoulfamily of 2 grow so big, being on GC 2011 and working so closely with Ana, BAND JAM 2011, and attending the Wish party this semester with Ana, Amy, and Alex.” Her favorite event is initiation, and her advice to fellow Spirits is to “keep reading dings!”

Spirits has impacted Nicole’s life, just as she has impacted many of us. Nicole, we all wish you the very best for your future, and we cannot wait to see what life has in store for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment