Friday, December 6, 2013

Sweenior Love


I didn't think that being a Weenie could be any more wonderful, until I met my senior mentors. Unlike the other Weenies, I was lucky enough to get three mentors...how I got that lucky I don't know. But I do know that these girls have been such a blessing this semester. I look up to them as women and as Active Spirits. On our (winning) Active Adventure, instead of taking the easy way out in the baking arena, we decided to make some difficult baked goods... There was no peal and stick or pour and mix action going on in our kitchen. For the first time, I got to make my favorite dessert, apple pie, from scratch. We pealed apples. We made the delicious filling and soaked the apples. We laid the dough in the perfect crisscrossing manner. All the while, we never stopped laughing and I got to hear some hilarious Spirit stories of the past. These three beautiful, funny, brilliant women are now my friends, and I will strive to be just as spirited, loving, and giving as they are to each other and the organization that we call home.

No comments:

Post a Comment