Sunday, February 22, 2015

(A Guest Blog By Skyla Sale)
As an organization of women, we are constantly signing up for projects, fighting for a cause, or simply going on coffee dates with each other. Overtime, I've accumulated over 200 Facebook friends from actives and Spirits alum. This means that every time I scroll through my news feed, I am shown tons of statuses and repost about something inspiring, incredible, and beautiful.

We're inspired by each other, encouraged by each other, and challenged by each other. We're a "band of brother," but really sisters. To me, friendships are worth more than anything else during college since this is such a time to explore and grow; friendships help water the gardens of our own experiences. We share hair salons, oil changers, tutors, clothes, and memories.

My first week as a weenie was completely overwhelming. My weenie mom told me to hang in there because Spirits would teach me to prioritize-- and wow, it really did. I've grown more disciplined, healthier, and  I'm happier since joining this amazing organization.

When people say, "Why do you spend so much time, it's just an organization,"  I smile inside because I know they're wrong--it's not 'just' an organization, it's a friend, a mentor, and my most favorite college experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment