Saturday, May 9, 2015

barre3- ballet, yoga and pilates

(A Guest Blog by Katy Wainwright)

For the past year, I have been working at a barre studio downtown called barre3. While I took on the job for the sole purpose of needing more spending money (college kid problems), I never expected to get lifelong friendships and family out of it! The two co-owners are sisters, and they offered a warm welcome as soon as I stepped in the door. Not to mention the entire staff is so unique, and all have one thing in common: to make others feel good about themselves. This studio reflects everything it means to be friendly, caring, and generous. As soon as I realized how amazing the barre3 community is (and it didn’t take me very long), I wanted to share it with my Texas Spirits family!

Earlier this semester, we hosted a private class for Texas Spirits. Alumnae, Kari Wainwright, taught the class and brought the shakes and quakes of all that is barre3. The girls who came were surprised at how tough the practice is, considering you only move an inch at a time! With a killer playlist, words of encouragement, and constant jokes to keep us smiling, Kari led us through an hour of a tough workout. Since then, Texas Spirit girls have continued to come to the studio to experience different instructors, and have even brought other friends along to try it out. I am so happy that I got to introduce my two Austin families! Nothing beats a day of barre3 and Texas Spirits!


If you are ever in the Austin area and are looking for a barre studio to test your endurance, barre3 is the place to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment