Sunday, February 5, 2012

Spirit of the Week: Jacqui Bontke



Name: Jacqui Bontke
Major: Advertising pursing Texas Creative, Business Foundations Global Track and a minor in Spanish
Weenie class: Fall 2011
Weirdest Habit: I really don't like painting my finger nails because I think it makes my fingers feel heavy... 
Favorite Spirits memory: So far I think the coolest memory was walking into DKR to set up flashcards with Tejas for the first time. The stadium is completely empty but you know in just a few hours a 100,000 strong will be there for some Texas Longhorn Football! 
What would the title of your future memoir be? This Is A New York Times Best Seller 

Jacqui is a sophomore advertising major and a Fall '11 weenie! Since being tapped-in last Fall, Jacqui has remained fired up about Texas Spirits and is always willing to lend a helping hand. Currently, Jacqui has raised the most money for Spirits' THON team, with her donations totaling to $152 alone! For Jacqui, THON is just as much about raising money as it is about keeping up a Texas Tradition; "raising the money for Texas Thon was a really cool experience because I learned one of my family friends did Thon (formerly Dance Marathon) when her and her husband were at Texas in the 70's." When asked to comment on why she is excited for THON, she responded "I am proud to be participating in such a large university event with such an amazing group of young women. I hope we can make Dell Children's proud." With the help of participants like Jacqui and the rest of the Spirits THON team, I'm sure they will!

No comments:

Post a Comment