Friday, February 24, 2012

Tap-Out Spotlight: Jessica Cox


Our next tap-out spotlight is the first tap-out from the Fall 10 weenie class, Jessica Cox! We are all very proud that Jessica has been able to finish up all of her credits so quickly and prepare for graduation ahead of her intended schedule. Jessica is a Public Relations major and when asked about her plans after graduation she says: “Stay tuned! I'm not quite sure what continent I'm going to be on yet! I'm going to interview in New York in April, I'll be in Spain in July and I don't have a ticket home yet, I'm considering hanging out in South America and floating the Amazon-- anything could happen!! Life is an adventure and I plan to try to do as much as I possibly can!”

            Her favorite memory with her weenie class is Initiation. Jessica told me “it was so special becoming an official spirit and really bonding with Fall '10. We'd each grown so much, learned so much about each other and had truly become best friends--it was so wonderful to celebrate the evening together.”
           
            Her favorite Spirits event is Alumni Reunion. She finds it “important to honor our history because it is such a vital part of our organization. We're very unique to have such a rich heritage (from Margaret Berry to Susan Claggett, Rachel Greene to Caitlin Cash, and everyone in between) and Alumni Reunion is a great opportunity for old and new members to come together and share their favorite spirit memories.” Jessica says she can't wait to keep coming back to continue making new memories with her weenie class.

            When I asked Jessica what she will be taking from Spirits as she graduates she said, “I will take my man! I am eternally grateful that such a special guy was brought into my life at a Spirit’s event, who woulda thought (special thanks to Kenzie Neel and Gaby DeLeon)?!” Jessica offers the advice, “hang in there ladies – yours is out there! Keep hitting up Band Jam, next year one could be yours!” She also wanted to add that “in Spirit’s terms, I will take endless giggles along with me. Fall ’10 has some of THE funniest girls that I’ve met in my entire life. I will forever treasure their friendship and their humor!”

            And what advice does Jessica leave for current Spirits? “Live together! That is the one thing I most regret not doing! I am so bummed out that I will not have the chance to live with Becca, Ghada and Tori as we’d planned, but I know they are going to have an amazing year. I’ll always wonder what it would have been like to get ready for mixers together.”

            We are so proud of Jessica, and we will have to soak up this last semester with her as much as possible! She has been such an asset to this organization and everyone who has had a chance to get to know her and experience that contagious smile knows how special this Texas Spirit truly is.




No comments:

Post a Comment