Monday, March 19, 2012

Tap-Out Spotlight: Nancy Tan


Our next tap-out is Nancy Tan, a Spring ‘10 weenie and Spring ’11 – Fall ’12 Special Projects Haunt! Nancy Tan is marketing major and will be graduating this year to head out into the real world. Nancy says “luckily for me, the real world involves working for MillerCoors in Austin, so it should be a great experience.”


When asked what her favorite Spring ‘10 memory was, Nancy tells me there are too many to even recall. Nancy says she “absolutely loves those girls. They are the ones that made my experience in college and in Spirits so memorable. Spring Break 2011 with them was definitely one of my top experiences in college. It was the most epic week ever with the best girls ever. Another great memory was our Weenie service project where we did Relay for Life on campus.  It was one of the most memorable experiences of my Weenie semester. The best part is when we strategically spread out to win the "Cake Walk" game to win a ton of cakes.”
Nancy also recalls her time on GC as “an amazing learning experience.” Nancy tells me “one of my favorite parts was getting to know girls from other classes that I probably would not have ever gotten the opportunity to do. Another was just the planning involved with being a Special Projects Haunt. I absolutely love planning. DU was definitely my favorite to plan. I really miss being on GC and all the girls I got to be on GC with, but I'm glad I was given the opportunity and privilege to be on GC.”
            And Nancy’s favorite Spirits tradition? She says it’s ghoulfamilies! Nancy says “I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my ghoulfamily. I was lucky to get a family that I clicked so well with and it helped make my experience in Spirits.” Nancy says she and her big Emily have so many ridiculous memories from the very beginning of her Weenie semester and they continue to make more today. Nancy also reminisces on how from the minute she tapped in Ari, she knew she was in love with her and that they would be a perfect ghoulfriend pair. Nancy says “I am so thankful to have each and every one of the girls in my ghoulfamily, from one of the oldest I’ve gotten to meet, Nicolette, to the youngest, Emily. They are all amazing!”


            When I asked Nancy what she will take with her from Spirits as she graduates she told me “Spirits has taught me so much throughout my college career. I think the most important thing I will take away from Spirits is the bond we all share. Despite our differences and how diverse we all are, we all come together to support each other, the University and the Austin community. Not only will I continue to maintain my bond with all of my Spirit sisters, I want to maintain the value of diversity and friendship outside of Spirits.”
            And her advice to current Spirits is to put all you can into Spirits, and you won’t be sorry. Nancy says that while Spirits may not be the entire world, the more you get into it the more you get out of it. “And it’s definitely worth it. Cherish all of it! It ends faster than you think. I’m going to miss Spirits so much and hope everyone can come to share the same love I do for Spirits.”
            We want to say thank you to Nancy for all of her dedication to Spirits and I think it is safe to say we will all miss her dearly when she taps out.

No comments:

Post a Comment