Monday, April 23, 2012

Spirit of the Week and Weenie of the Week: Ghoulfriend Pair Edition!

Give a big hello to two amazing ladies in Texas Spirits: Bailey Baker and Quynh Pham!



Bailey is a member of our newest active class of Fall 2011 (FA’11 y’a11) and weenie momma of Quynh! A Business & Textiles/Apparel major, Bailey is one of our finest window artists, undoubtedly winning her the honor of the Golden Bucket Award. While on the topic of awards, she should also win a trophy for her committed community volunteerism at more than seven amazing events that help serve Austin. To help fulfill another Spirits pillar, Bailey’s spirit and pride for our university runs deep as she has attended various basketball and baseball games this semester to cheer the Longhorns into victory.

What else makes Bailey unique?
-   Nickname: “Nighthawk”
-   Oddities: “I have an odd talent for writing in Times New Roman and PARALLEL PARKING (newfound skills) and a strange habit of driving like a gangster.”
-   Theme song of her life: “Ohhhh..... There's just no way I could pick a single song. I'd have to ask Girl Talk to mash up a whole playlist for me on that one.
-   4 words that describe her: “Crafty, conscientious, consistent, and ridiculous.”
-   Favorite Spirit’s event: “Probably Band Jam because we all come together, look cute downtown, have some great little bands and everyone knows about it. It is a charitable event that sets us apart and that people actually love going to. I just love when we show ourselves off as an organization in fun ways like that. Oh but wait I loved DU... I'll be able to make a better decision after I've experienced all of our wonderful events at the end of the semester.”


Quynh is a member of the weenie class of Spring 2012 and boasts our other blog highlight Bailey Baker as her weenie momma! She’s the newest addition to their ghoul family’s long standing tradition of Milk & Cookies at Weenie Beanie. A Human Development and Family Sciences/Pre-Med major, Quynh is also a member of the Pre-Med Honor Society, Alpha Epsilon Delta. Like her momma, she too has led our organization in spirit at university athletic games and involvement in service events around Austin. She loves being part of the Spirit’s family because of all the “talented freaking hilarious beautiful women who are respected all around campus.” I believe I can speak for us all when I say that we are all excited to say that YOU, Quynh, exude this quote to its fullest!

What else makes Quynh unique?
- Nicknames:Weenie mamas gave me Quam which was quite original. Then there's the typical Quynhie the Pooh, Quynhsterino, Quynhajmin, Quynhers, Bon Quy, Phamtastic... the list is endless.”
- Oddities: “Never have I ever shaved my legs... nor waxed or any other hair removal technique. BUT I swear, my legs as smooth as a baby's butt.”
- Theme song of her life: “Miracles Happen- Princess Diaries. I'm the biggest optimist you will ever meet, ever.”
- 4 words that describe her: “Quirky, adaptable, understanding, and thrill-seeker.”
- Favorite spirits event:Destination Unknown. It was so much fun being able to get away from campus for a day. Wake boarding, trampolining, and laying out in the sun with great company, how much better can that get?”



No comments:

Post a Comment