Sunday, December 2, 2012

Tap-Out Spotlight: Sara Edwards



What inspired you to try out for Spirits?

Honestly, my boyfriend is in Wranglers, and watching him complete his maverick semester encouraged me to find girls that meant as much to me as his maverick bros meant to him. I started asking around and looking into different spirit organizations, and Texas Spirits immediately stuck out to me. By the end of recruitment, I knew Spirits was right for me. The girls were genuine, welcoming, hard working, and so passionate about their organization.

What is your favorite memory from when you were Weenie?

My favorite memory was PJ Rama because I don't know if I've ever been so caught off guard by an event!

If you could relive any experience in Spirits what would it be?

I think it would be cool to relive Weenie semester because now I see Spirits in a different perspective. Now that I understand the traditions and actually know my weenie sisters, I think I would be able to appreciate weenie-hood so much more.

What advice would you leave to future and current members of the organization?

My advice: embrace the differences in personalities. It is rare to come by such a dynamic group that is yet so entirely cohesive. Spirits is unique in that it unites so many characters, and I think it's important to continue to search for and appreciate individuality and sincerity.

What pillar of Spirits means the most to you?

Friendship is the most important pillar to me, hands down. Spirits would not be the same for me without the friendship component.

Whats your favorite thing about your pledge class?

Fall '10 is always up for some lovin' time! We don't have to have any form of entertainment when we set up play dates, we just enjoy one another's company :)


No comments:

Post a Comment