Sunday, June 23, 2013

Spirits Abroad: Hannah Waitt

Name: Hannah Waitt
Weenie Class: Spring 2010
Major: Plan II Honors/International Relations and Global Studies

Where will you be going and what will you be doing there?
This summer I am going to Seoul, South Korea, to intern at Billboard Magazine, more specifically working with Billboard Korea and with a column that Billboard USA runs in the magazine and on the website called K-Town that focuses on K-Pop. As an intern I will be writing and reporting news, interviewing artists, and reviewing albums and concerts - basically everything a music journalist would do in the United States, but instead it's all about K-Pop!

What are the three most important things you'll be packing?
Ranch dressing for me, hot Cheetos for my friends who can't get them in Korea, and a bathing suit so I can go island hopping with some fellow Spirits, Andrea Chao and Caitlin Cash, in Thailand for a week!

What are you most hoping to gain out of your experience?
I am really hoping to gain some valuable experience in music business, the career field that I am pursuing after graduation. I'm going to try to learn as much about the music industry as I can before I start on my master's degree in Music Business at NYU in the fall. It will also be great to have some fun in Seoul before I start up school again!

How will you take Texas Spirits with you on your trip?
I'm taking along just a couple of photos to put on my walls...

Have fun, Hannah! CIWY

No comments:

Post a Comment