Saturday, June 1, 2013

Spirits Abroad: Namanda Musoke

Name: Namanda Musoke
Weenie Class: Fall 2011
Major: Music-Voice Performance

Tell me a little about what you'll be doing and where you'll be going this summer.
I'll be going to Uganda with my mom for about two and a half weeks to visit my family. The last time I visited was about 12 years ago, so needless to say, it's been a while and I'm pretty excited.

What are you most hoping to gain out of your experience?
I mainly hope to reconnect with family members I never get to see. It would also be cool if I could pick up some of the local language (Luganda) during the short time I'm there.

How will you take Texas Spirits with you on your trip?
I try to embody our four pillars wherever I go, so I will definitely carry that aspect with me as a travel to the Motherland.

What will you miss most about Austin?
Tex-Mex for sure. And food trailers. And of course my bonding time with the Spirits that are staying over the summer.

Have fun, Namanda! CIWY

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! I went in March and it was just fascinating. Have fun Namanda!

    ReplyDelete