Monday, July 15, 2013

Spirits Abroad: Jacqui Bontke

Name: Jacqui Bontke
Weenie Class: Fall 2011
Major: Advertising

So, where will you be going and what will you be doing there?
This summer I will be living in Brooklyn and working in Manhattan at an ad agency called Mcgarrybowen as their art direction intern. Mcgarrybowen does a lot of the advertising for Miracle Whip, Crayola, Reebok, Verizon Wireless, Advil, and Canada Dry to name a few. This was basically my dream situation this summer since I am studying creative advertising at UT in the Texas Creative Sequence.

What are you most hoping to gain out of your experience this summer?
I hope to eventually be in New York City after graduation, but living in Texas all my life, I wanted to be sure I am cut out for it first. My whole family is originally from Brooklyn so I have a feeling it is in my blood.

What are the three most important things you'll be packing?
My idea journal so I can document all the things that inspire me, closed-toed shoes (the city isn't equipped for sandals), and my knowledge of the subway system.

What will you miss most about Austin?
My family. Torchy's Tacos. Wednesdays at Zocalo. Friday nights at Central Market. And Texas Spirits.

Have fun, Jacqui! CIWY

No comments:

Post a Comment