Thursday, July 25, 2013

Spirits Abroad: Nicole Martinez

Name: Nicole Martinez
Weenie Class: Fall 2011
Major: Psychology

How will you be spending your summer?
I'll be studying abroad in Santender, Spain, to finish my Spanish credits (what better way??). But I will be going about two weeks early to travel around Europe.

What are you hoping to gain from your experience?
Besides the fact that I'm set on coming back fluent in Spanish, I honestly just want to gain insight about myself and about different people and cultures. I want to gain new perspectives and of course a ton of great memories!

What are the three most important things you'll be packing?
Well, my passport because I don't want to get stranded anywhere! But also my GoPro - this little, totally durable video camera - because I want to document this whole trip/experience and make a video of it. Lastly, I probably would say my journal, so I can write down phrases that I learn in various languages, document my favorite places, and just write about everything I see.

What will you miss most about Austin?
Honestly, I'll probably miss the outdoor scenery/trails. I love running on really nice days here in Austin, and I know my favorite routes. But I won't know any over in Europe...but, you know, I'll find some or make them up.

Have fun, Nicole! CIWY

No comments:

Post a Comment