Thursday, January 30, 2014

Spirit of The Week: Aly Kasberg


Name: Aly Kasberg
Hometown: New Braunfels, TX
Major: Public Relations
Weenie Class: Fall 10


What does being a Texas Spirit mean to you?
To me, being a Texas Spirit means to give: to the university, to the community and to each other. And while that all seems so selfless, the thing I’ve realized is that the more you give, the more you get in return. Being a Texas Spirit, I have gained friends, bridesmaids, mentors and mentees that have all shaped me as a person and given me thousands of memories.

Have any New Years Revolutions?
To record something that happens everyday! I really like to pretend I can make short videos – plus my friends always appreciate it when I shove a camera in their face.

What is one song you can't stop listening to right now?
Definitely Drunk In Love by Beyonce. I mean, did you see the Grammys?

What is something you will miss the most about Spirits after you graduate?
Ah, where do I start? The football games, the events, weenie dances – I’ll miss it all. But I think the thing I will miss most is what it feels like to walk into a group of Spirits. I know it’s cheesy, but I feel the most inspired, confident and happy when I am around these women and I honestly couldn’t imagine my college experience without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment