Thursday, February 27, 2014

Spirit of the Week: Jessica Wong


Name: Jessica Wong
Major: Marketing major and Art History minor
Hometown: Rowlett, TX (a little lakeside suburb outside of Dallas)
Weenie Class: Fall '12!


What does Texas Spirits mean to you?
Texas Spirits has given me a place to call home on the 40 acres - it means that no matter what, I’ve got an amazing support system 24/7 and I couldn’t be more proud to be a part of an organization with such unique, accomplished, and driven individuals.

If you could add one celebrity to your weenie class who would it be and why? 
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, aka my girl Kate Middleton. She’s classy, stylish, loves her country, and is a world ambassador. Plus, I’m sure we’d all love hearing her British accent around, so what’s not to love?


What has been your favorite service event? 
That’s difficult for me to choose because there have been so many! I’d have to say my favorites have been my weenie service project and Band Jam. My Fall ’12 weenie service project was an incredible way for me to bond with my weenie sisters and for all of us to put our best foot forward and exemplify one of the Texas Spirits pillars. I’ve actively participated on Band Jam committee and I love it because Band Jam is such a collective effort - the whole organization takes part in it and it’s a great way to support our philanthropies.


No comments:

Post a Comment