Monday, March 9, 2015

Spirit of the Week: Nisha George

Nisha George
Hometown: Lufkin, TX
Major: Communication Science Disorders
Fall '13 Weenie

Where is the next place you would love to travel?
A recent TX Spirit alumna (J-Wong) went to Thailand last summer and got to play with baby tigers in a tiger sanctuary which is basically my dream. So yes, I would definitely love to travel to Thailand. 
If you could have dinner with any person, living or not, who would that be? J.K. Rowling would probably make a lovely dinner guest. Aside from being a creative genius who went from living on welfare to being a multi-millionaire, she's just an exceptional human based off what I've seen. My admiration began with watching her commencement speech at Harvard (watch it!) and has continued with everything I've heard from her ever since. She actually donates so much to charity that she's no longer a billionaire. She explained: "You have a moral responsibility when you’ve been given far more than you need, to do wise things with it and give intelligently."
What is your favorite memory from Texas Spirits? My favorite memory is probably Weenie Beanie from my weenie semester. My family was dressed as characters from Finding Nemo and Lindsey White was waiting for me holding a sign that said "Finding Nisha." It's amazing to think how close we got in such a short amount of time after that day and it's my favorite memory simply because I realize our friendship kind of started there. We both get a little emotional at the sight of anything Finding Nemo-related now.

No comments:

Post a Comment