Thursday, October 22, 2015

Sticking Together Through the Seasons

By: Skyla Sale

“A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.” 

     This quote means so much to be when I think about the many friends that I've made while being a part of Texas Spirits. On my first day, at Tap In, one of the seniors came up to me and said "Are you so excited?! You just met some of your new best friends!" When she said that, I had no idea what she was talking about. How could I even fathom that the people I had just met were going to be my best friends? 
     As time went on in Spirits, life was also going on for each of us. In my pledge class, degree paths altered, boys came and went (some stayed), fashion changed, it snowed in Texas, we had a bomb threat, families and friends from home went through tough times, and many other seasons went by. Yet all the while, we had each other. 
     Our pledge class had some groups like most classes have, but when we were able to get together for a Spirits event, we always had an absolute blast! I'll never forget the Weenie Oahu that we pregammed when we first became actives. Or spring break, or even that random potluck where someone made 25 plates of spaghetti. 
     Sometimes people would be sparse--but when they came around, you cherished every moment. Sometimes people (probably me) would be asking so many questions that you couldn't tell if they were interrogating you or trying to catch up. So many laughable moments, and so many sister moments. Being in a group like Texas Spirits does more than allow you to meet amazing women. It also provides you with unforgettable memories with people who will be in your heart forever. <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment