Sunday, April 3, 2011

Tap-Out Spotlight!

Our Tap-out spotlight of the week truly has a family in Texas Spirits. Lauren Davis is a Fall 2007 Weenie who was proud to see both her cousin and her younger twin-sisters become Weenies in Fall 2009, “I love it that they are able to share in the same activities and organization that helped me feel at home at UT.”
Lauren is an Architectual Engineering major with an interest in sustainable design and environmental engineering, she is looking forward to graduate school and has been involved in her education through the Architectual Engineering Institute and on the Architectural Undergraduate Advisory Board.

Lauren loves the sense of place she was able to find at such a large school by becoming a Texas Spirit, “I was worried about getting lost in swarm of students and only being a small voice among the crowd at football games. Getting into spirits made me feel like I wasn’t just one tiny person ,every summer I looked forward to the first fall football game for the chance to reunite”

Her advice to younger Spirits? “Don't blink! My time in spirits has FLOWN by and I can't believe that this is actually my last semester. Stay as involved as possible, stay just as involved when you are a senior as you were during your weenie semester! Also, take pictures cause there are going to be moments you will have wish you caught on camera!”

1 comment: