Friday, February 22, 2013

Spirit of the Week: Alex Janecka


Name: Alex Janecka
Hometown: Austin, TX
Major: Human Development and Family Studies; Pre-Physician Assistant
Weenie Class: Spring 2010

Tell us about your work with Pancakes for Parkinson's.
Lindsey and I meet with the representatives from a number of other spirit groups and are known collectively as "Texas Round Table." Texas Spirits are in charge of PR and social media and so far we have been working on getting a logo done (thanks to the amazing Jacqui!) and creating banners for different areas around campus. Currently, Lindsey and I are working on planning a video to promote the Pancakes for Parkinson's day event and are expected to finish next week! Working with other spirit groups to promote such a big event is something I've never done before, and I'm glad I got to be a part of such a cool committee.

What is the best thing that you've gotten out of Spirits?
My best friends. I've formed amazing friendships I never would have without having joined this organization. My current roommates are like sisters to me and living in a house as much fun as this with Spirits that can share the same experiences as me has been beyond amazing.

What would be the theme song to your life?
"Dont Think Twice, It's Alright" - Bob Dylan

If you could give a piece of advice to one of the Weenies, what would it be?
LIVE WITH SPIRITS. It has been the most amazing thing living with girls that share the same things I do in Spirits. You're only in college once so why not live it up? And Spring Break with your Weenie class...it has to happen at least once. You will never have as many fun stories or bond more than you do when everyone's on vacation from school...just sayin'.

What's your favorite thing about your Ghoulfamily?
Besides the fact that we're astoundingly SEXY, my ghoulfam is unique. We are all really different but I think we each have a quirkiness about us that makes us wonderful as a whole. As the oldest grand grand granny in the family, it's inspiring to see how much everyone in my family has given to Spirits in their own way. I know everyone thinks their g-fam is the best...but mine really is.

Congratulations, Alex! CIWY

No comments:

Post a Comment