Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spirits of the Week: Gabby Garza and Ashley Sereno

Name: Gabby Garza
Hometown: Royse City, TX
Major: Public Relations/Government
Weenie Class: Spring ‘13

What does Texas Spirits Mean to you?
Texas Spirits has become my home away from home. Spirits is where I feel most comfortable. Texas Spirits is comprised of amazing, inspiring young women who want nothing more than to lift each other up and see everyone succeed, like the support system you would get from your own family. Spirits has been a way to make the UT campus just a little bit smaller, and I really do feel like these girls have become my sisters. So to be succinct in my opinion Texas Spirits means endless love, support and friendship.

If you were trapped on a desert island and you could only have five things with you, what would you take?
If I was trapped on a desert island I would want a Wilson Volleyball, a large section from a portable toilet to use as a sail in the construction of a raft, steel and flint, a spear and a black box from a plane cockpit. Castaway is one of my favorite movies so if given the chance to be trapped on a desert island I would like to recreate it, however if it goes awry I would like the option to be found via airplane black box communication signals.

What is the number one thing on your UT/Austin bucket list before you graduate?
The number one thing on my UT/Austin bucket list is to do something on the UT campus that leaves positive lasting impression. This is a university where the possibilities are limitless, and if I could make the college experience a little bit better for at least one future longhorn in generations to come, I would consider this bucket list item to be a success.


Name: Ashley Sereno
Hometown: Allen, TX
Major: Corporate Communications
Weenie Class: Fall ‘13

What does Texas Spirits Mean to you?
Texas Spirits has been truly sacred to me. As a Weenie I found myself tearing up at times during our traditions knowing that my older sister had stood in the same spot, heard the same thing, and done the same thing. It has been yet another element that has brought us closer and I am honored to share this journey with her. Texas Spirits has allowed me to meet such amazing and inspiring women that I admire everyday. The ladies of Texas Spirits are exceptional and I am proud to be a member of this organization.

If you were trapped on a desert island and you could only have five things with you, what would you take?
1) My copy of Pride and Prejudice
2) Jake Gyllenhaal
3) A sun hat
4) Dark chocolate covered strawberries
5) The lamp from Aladdin, so I can meet the genie and have three wishes, one that I can use to get off the island.

What is the number one thing on your UT/Austin bucket list before you graduate?
Go stand up paddle boarding! It looks like so much fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment