Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Weenie of the Week: Alyssa Kahl

Name: Alyssa Kahl
Hometown: Kingwood, TX
Major: Human Biology
Weenie Class: Spring '14

What does Texas Spirits Mean to you?
Texas Spirits has opened the door to whole a new community that I can call home here at UT. This organization is full of motivated women who inspire me each and every day to strive for more than I ever thought I could accomplish. I feel more encouraged than ever to not only achieve individual goals, but to also give back to my university and the Austin community. To be a part of this amazing organization is truly an honor that I am thankful for every day.

If you could star on a TV show (reality, sitcom, etc.), what would it be?
I would most definitely star on Game of Thrones. The characters are all developed extremely well and it’s full of deception and plot twists that would probably be more drama than I could ever handle in actual life. I also have had the chance to sit on the Iron Throne (thanks SXSW) and feel as if I belong there. Season 4 is coming.

If you could teach a class at UT, what would it be about?
 I would probably teach a class on the science of napping, because college is stressful and naps become necessary. As a college student, sleep is a precious commodity and I think students would benefit from knowing exactly how to most efficiently and effectively get the most out of their nap time.

What has been your favorite part of weenie semester so far?
My favorite part of weenie semester has been the great friendships I have made with my fellow weenies and other actives. My weenie class and Texas Spirits as a whole is full of amazing people who each have something unique to offer to this organization. Whether it’s through Texas Spirit events, ghoul families (shout out to the Diva Fam, love ya), or running into Spirits on campus, I love the community that I have gained during my weenie semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment