Monday, October 6, 2014

Spirit of the Week: Alyssa Kahl

Alyssa Kahl
Hometown: Kingwood, Texas
Major: Human Biology
Spring 2014 Weenie Class

What does Texas Spirits Mean to you?
For me, Texas Spirits means being a part of a diverse group of women that are all unique, driven, and passionate about what they do. You truly make some of your greatest friends in Texas Spirits who you can share your quirks and weirdness with, who will motivate you beyond what you thought was possible for yourself, and who will always be there for you.

If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor? 
I would pick Daenerys Targaryen as my mentor. She embodies many things that I think are needed in a good leader such as standing for her beliefs, helping and empowering the less fortunate, and being compassionate. Although her path to learning to be a good leader has come with some ups and downs, I feel as though her mistakes are what make her character more dynamic and a better and more realistic role model. Her dragons are also pretty cool.

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? 
If I could learn to do anything, I would want to learn to play the piano. I’ve loved the sound of the piano for as long as I can remember and I always gravitate towards songs that have piano accompaniment. Since I never had lessons when I was younger and attempts at teaching myself were not so fruitful, I plan on registering for a piano class for beginners next semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment