Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spirit of The Week: Ally Willauer

Name: Ally Willauer
Major: Biomedical Engineering
Hometown: The Woodlands, TX
Weenie Class: Fall ‘12

What does Texas Spirits mean to you?
For me, being part of Texas Spirits is an honor and very dear to my heart. Spirits became my home away from home during my first year at UT. Each week, I am reminded of the truly extraordinary women that are a part of this organization. I am inspired to strive not only do my best, but to do my best to serve this organization, the UT community, and the Austin community.

What did you do over spring break?
 Over spring break, I went to New York with my boyfriend and his family in addition to spending time back home with my family. I enjoyed being able to relax with family and those close to me.

Tell us a bit about your experience at Texas THON!

Texas THON was phenomenal! Texas THON is a student-run philanthropy that recruits UT students to raise money for Dell Children's Hospital here in Austin. THON hosts a dance marathon where participants stand for 12 hours in support of those who cannot. The Texas Spirits THON team went above and beyond in terms of fundraising, morale and teamwork. We were even awarded Most Spirited / Most For The Kids team! I was proud to be the captain of such a great group of girls, and I am delighted that we were able to give back to the Austin community by uniting with fellow UT students.

No comments:

Post a Comment