Monday, October 7, 2013

Weenie of the Week: Audrey Nguyen

Name: Audrey Nguyen
Hometown: Houston, TX
Major: Philosophy and Plant Biology

Tell us about the cool things you've done while at UT.
I'm currently a fundraising and event planning intern with the UT Micro Farm. I've been DJing with KVRX since January 2013. I have a specialty show where I select a new piece of art each week, spanning across all mediums, and create a playlist based off of it, giving musicality to different themes, interpretations, etc. of the work! Tune in Monday nights and Tuesday mornings from midnight to 1am to hear me surfin' FM waves on 91.7 KVRX Austin!

How does it feel being a Weenie? I know it's only been a week, but tell us about your experience ever since Tap In!
I already love everyone I've met so much! I had a blast at PJRama. My Weenie sisters have golden souls. I'm so excited to get to know them, and the JIs and Actives better! Weenie O'ahu was a blast. I can't wait to start volunteering with Spirits and to participate in more drag paints!

What are you most looking forward to this semester? (Spirits related, school related, personal goal related, etc.)
ACL and Fun Fun Fun Fest, getting on that yoga grind (I'm talking about 6:00 a.m. yoga at least twice a week), being a Texas Spirit Weenie, and working on achieving the trifecta - good grades, enough sleep, and a bumpin' social life.

You're stranded on an island for the rest of your life. Name five things you would have to have with you.
Yoga mat, my Moleskin and Pilot G2 07S (not 05S or 09S!), iPod, all of my philosophy books, and a telescope.

Congratulations, Audrey! CIWY

No comments:

Post a Comment