Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weenie of the Week: Kira Hamilton

Name: Kira Hamilton
Hometown: Austin, TX
Major: Education

What does being a Texas Spirit mean to you?
To me being a Texas Spirit means being part of something bigger than myself. I love the fact that this is the oldest organization at UT and has so many traditions that have been passed down over the years. The sisterhood and family aspect of this organization too is just so strong because of the long running traditions. I am so proud to be part of this organization and can't wait to do more in it!

What's your favorite thing about being a Weenie?
My favorite thing about being a Weenie is meeting so many amazing people. I love all my Fall 2013 Weenies so much and am so happy to have a second family at UT. I also love meeting the other girls in Spirits! This is such a diverse group of women who have had so many different experiences and I love getting to talk with them about random things.

What's your favorite holiday and why?
My favorite holiday is Christmas. I love the cold weather, the hot chocolate, the music, the decorations, the time off, and of course the amazing Christmas sweaters. Basically, I'm all about the Christmas season!

Tell us about what else you're involved in on campus and/or some cool experiences you've had here at UT.
I am in two other clubs on campus: Headliners and Teachers of Tomorrow. In Headliners, we bring entertainers to campus. For Forty Acres Fest last year we brought Chiddy Bang which was super cool and we were able to run the whole show. For a music nerd like me, it was awesome to do the behind the scenes of a show. It's great because I'm obsessed with music and this is a super laid back club where we talk about music every week for an hour and work the shows of the entertainers from top to bottom. I am an officer in Teachers of Tomorrow too. This club allows education majors to hear from current teachers, learn more about the education program at UT, and help with elementary schools near UT.

ACL, Fun Fun Fun Fest, or SXSW?
ACL for me. I love being outside and seeing how many people come to the festival all in one place. Also I love that I can walk on the grass at Zilker instead of the streets of downtown. I have never fully done Fun Fun Fun Fest or SXSW (mainly just free or cheap shows) but I would love to at some point.

Congratulations, Kira! CIWY

No comments:

Post a Comment