Friday, April 12, 2013

Spirit of the Week: Lauren Berrong

Name: Lauren Berrong
Hometown: Keller, TX
Major: Elementary Education
Weenie Class: Fall 2012

So of all the spirit groups, why Texas Spirits? What made you want to apply?
I chose Spirits above all other groups because of the awesome girls that I met! Everyone is so genuine and diverse! As an education major, I am constantly around girls that I'm pretty similar to, so being in Spirits has given me the opportunity to create relationships with people I probably never would've met otherwise. I mean, how often do education majors get to socialize with biomedical engineering majors?

Tell us your favorite memory as a Weenie.
My all-time favorite Weenie memory would have to be Tap In. I had never felt so much excitement and love from a group of strangers in my entire life. Tap In is such a great way to get you fired up for your time in Spirits.

Where do you see yourself in seven years?
I'm not quite sure where I see myself in seven years. I'm trying not to worry too much about the future just yet. I hope to be teaching at an elementary school by then though! Preferably second grade or younger!

If you could somehow go back in time and give advice to your high school self, what would you say?
Trust your intuition. Make time for others. And always be grateful.

Any fun plans for the summer?
After visiting my family for a few weeks, I'm going to be staying around Austin to knock out my last three classes before starting my internship/student teaching sequence in the fall. I'm also going to be working part time at my current job. Nothing too terribly exciting, I suppose. Yay for being an adult!

Congratulations, Lauren! CIWY

No comments:

Post a Comment