Monday, November 25, 2013

Spirit of the Week: Joanne Chien

Name: Joanne Chien
Hometown: Baton Rouge, LA
Major: HDF/Pre-Pharmacy
Weenie Class: Spring 2012

What does being a Texas Spirit mean to you?
Texas Spirits has completely changed my life. I never thought that I would meet people from such diverse backgrounds that share such common interests and a desire to serve the community and university. I'm so grateful that I've found my family in an unfamiliar place!

What's your favorite Weenie memory as we approach the end of the semester?
My favorite Weenie memory was coming back from the Senior-Weenie night at Emily Rigby's house. A few of us were walking from north camp back to our dorms on campus so it was quite a long and arduous journey. We proceeded to entertain ourselves by only speaking in a British accent using only titles of Adele songs. I don't think I laughed harder that entire semester!

What are you most excited about this holiday season?
I'm so excited to return to Louisiana to eat beignets and my mom's stuffing!

Tell us about what else you're involved in on campus and/or some cool experiences you've had here at UT.
UT has provided many new and different opportunities. I love that I can be involved in a variety of clubs that are academic or service-related, as well as fun and social. Coming from a magnet high school, we never had Friday night games (much less a football team). Since coming to college, I have loved going to UT football games. They've provided a whole new experience for me. If I squint hard enough, I can see a national championship on the horizon!

If you could travel anywhere in the world, and money wasn't an issue, where would you go and why?
If I could travel anywhere, I would go to Taiwan, first. I never get to see my family there often enough. Then, I would hit up India for the food and culture...or Greece...or Italy...this is hard.

Congratulations, Joanne! CIWY

No comments:

Post a Comment