Saturday, November 23, 2013

Texas 4000 Spotlight: Abz Zeitler

Name: Abz Zeitler
Hometown: Indiana, IL
Major: Public Relations
Weenie Class: Fal 2013

Why are you riding for cancer?
I hold the cause dear to my heart. Family members, friends, and various people that have impacted my life have been affected by cancer, and I want to fight back.

This journey will not be easy. What will keep you going when things get tough or tiring?
The people I am riding for everyday and my teammates will get me to Alaska :)

What aspect of this experience are you the most excited about?
I am most excited about the whole entire journey. I cannot wait to be involved in such a life changing experience that will make such a difference in people's lives.

What are some places/things you are excited to see on your voyage?
I do not know yet what I will exactly get to see until I get my ride assignment. We do get the opportunity to tour MD Anderson, which I cannot wait to do! I want to see exactly where our fundraising goes and what it does. Most of the time you do not get to see where your money goes when donating, so Texas 4000 is special in the way it allows us to see the impact we have firsthand.

What are your expectations going into this experience?
My expectation is that this will be a challenge. It is not going to be easy, and I don't want it to be easy! Nothing worth doing is easy. I am excited for the feeling I will get when I finally get to Alaska knowing that we have accomplished so much over the past year and a half.

Congratulations, Abz! CIWY

No comments:

Post a Comment